News and Announcements
What a great Championship Series we had! Congrats to the Clear Lake Forrest Fins for the big win again this year! Thank you to all of our volunteers, this would not be possible without all of you.
Congrats to those who have been called up. I have attached results. All swimmers that are highlighted have been automatically added to tomorrows Champ Meet. A few reminders.
• Address: Clear Springs High School 501 Palomino Lane League City, TX. 77573
• No ice chests are allowed in gyms, can be kept outside on grassy area at your own risk. Small soft sided coolers with cold packs are ok.
• No wagons or wheeled items can be left in gyms, ok to use for transport. Can be kept outside at your own risk.
• Tarps that are plastic and fluid resistant are REQUIRED and strongly enforced. Gromets must be taped and all chairs, personal belongings must be on tarp, blankets can be used on top of tarp if preferred.
• Please account for traffic and possible closures on 45.
We want to remind each of you of deadlines for the upcoming Champ Meet. Several of these deadlines were listed in the Meet Invite.
Volunteer Coordinator Names due by July 5, 2022 @ NOON (https://forms.gle/Z4d9nSiEUZComBuaA)
extended to Sunday July 10 @ 9am Baytown Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
CHAMP MEET WAIVERS DUE JULY 10, 2022 @ 11AM – email@example.com
TOP TIMES FOR INDIVIDUALS AND RELAYS DUE BY JULY 10, 2022 @ 5PM must be emailed to Lisa Bunge, League Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Chance Entry File and Top Times reports for Individuals due July 11, 2022 @ NOON to Valerie R.
Vendor and Ad applications due JULY 10, 2022 @ 11:59pm (all fees must be paid by July 12th @ 5pm). Form and ad’s can be completed and emailed to email@example.com
Officials Sign up Deadline – JULY 11, 2022 @ NOON – use this link to sign up https://forms.gle/T9scxmZ1eyr6UEFn6
ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED TO LEAGUE CLERK AT CLERK@CCSLSWIM.COM NO LATER THAN 6PM ON WEDNESDAY JULY 13, 2022 (INCLUDING LAST CHANCE SWIMMERS)
Scholarship Application and Essay due July 13, 2022 at 8pm at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have a few important updates for our swimmers and families so please read carefully:
- Swim-a-thon 2022 was a huge success. Thank you so much to our dedicated swimmers for raising over $2,000 this will help pay for league fees and end of season party. Special Congrats to our top fundraising age group the 7/8s we will have a popsicle party next week!
- Please check the Champ/reserve qualifying board, Reserve meet will be held Saturday July 16th and Champ meet on Sunday July 17th. Please let me know ASAP if your swimmer has qualified but will not be able to swim. Practices will be held the week of july 11-15 for the qualified swimmers but will be combined so be on the lookout for practice updates in the next couple weeks.
- We understand there has been an issue with ribbons from this weekend’s meet at Seabrook and several of your swimmers are missing ribbons- we are working on fixing this and will get ribbons to your swimmers as soon as we can!
- The 9/10 and 11/12 practices will be combined now- all swimmers in those age groups will swim from 9-9:30
- No practices friday July 1st or monday July 4th in observance of the holiday- there is no meet that weekend
- PLEASE let me or Coach David know ASAP if your swimmer needs to scratch from a meet that you marked as “attending” in the parent portal. We have had several No Shows with no communication that your swimmer is not coming and this affects the relays- the sooner you can let a coach know that your swimmer needs to scratch the better it will be for us to try to make a relay work for all the other swimmers
- Parents, be sure to bring your suits to participate in the parent/coach relay this weekend at our home meet! The relay is all in good fun and you do not need any talent in swimming to participate- the kids just want to see their parents make their best attempt at what the kids spend so much time and effort practicing!
As always don’t hesitate to send me a text with any questions/concerns (281-910-2203)
This is a reminder to go into the Parent Portal and sign up for the 6/3 meet at Baytown by THIS SUNDAY 5/29 at Noon.
Sign up is completed as follows:
1. Go to TimberCoveDolphins.com
2. On the left side of the page click on “Parent Portal”
3. Sign in with the same userid and password that you used for registration.
4. Once in click on VIEW MEETS
5. Find TIMBER COVE @ BAYTOWN
6. Click on the “+” next to the swimmers name(s)
7. Click on “Attending” or “Not Attending”
8. If Attending, ALSO click on no more than two of your selections for the eligible events you would like to swim (Coach Jackie selects the others)
- Click Save
10. Repeat for each swimmer
As emphasized during the parents meeting this must be done by Noon on the Sunday before each of the meets.
So that means this action must be accomplished no later than NOON on SUNDAY May 29th
We look forward to our first away meet in Baytown. More information about the pool location, parking, tent set up should be made available upon receipt from the host team.