Announcements from Coach Jackie
I have a few important updates for our swimmers and families so please read carefully:
- Swim-a-thon 2022 was a huge success. Thank you so much to our dedicated swimmers for raising over $2,000 this will help pay for league fees and end of season party. Special Congrats to our top fundraising age group the 7/8s we will have a popsicle party next week!
- Please check the Champ/reserve qualifying board, Reserve meet will be held Saturday July 16th and Champ meet on Sunday July 17th. Please let me know ASAP if your swimmer has qualified but will not be able to swim. Practices will be held the week of july 11-15 for the qualified swimmers but will be combined so be on the lookout for practice updates in the next couple weeks.
- We understand there has been an issue with ribbons from this weekend’s meet at Seabrook and several of your swimmers are missing ribbons- we are working on fixing this and will get ribbons to your swimmers as soon as we can!
- The 9/10 and 11/12 practices will be combined now- all swimmers in those age groups will swim from 9-9:30
- No practices friday July 1st or monday July 4th in observance of the holiday- there is no meet that weekend
- PLEASE let me or Coach David know ASAP if your swimmer needs to scratch from a meet that you marked as “attending” in the parent portal. We have had several No Shows with no communication that your swimmer is not coming and this affects the relays- the sooner you can let a coach know that your swimmer needs to scratch the better it will be for us to try to make a relay work for all the other swimmers
- Parents, be sure to bring your suits to participate in the parent/coach relay this weekend at our home meet! The relay is all in good fun and you do not need any talent in swimming to participate- the kids just want to see their parents make their best attempt at what the kids spend so much time and effort practicing!
As always don’t hesitate to send me a text with any questions/concerns (281-910-2203)